Thursday 31 October 2013

The Lord is My Shepard

Psalm 23

The Lord is my Shepard
I shall not want...

I don't seem to stop wanting in this consumer driven society that i live in, sad but true...

I want a camera, i get it
I want clothes, i get them
I want a new lap top, i get it
and well frankly the list goes on.

But let me tell you from experience that none of those things satisfy my soul, none of those things make me happy for long, and none of those things fill that hunger inside for something to make me inner peace.

That is because i should not be seeking things to make me happy, in life no matter what we yearn for, if it is not yearning for and receiving the love of our Shepard Jesus, we will never be satisfied.

Let us begin to want for the Lord, to seek Him and there we shall find contentment, peace and rest

God bless you 

No comments:

Post a Comment